The course Security Systems Technician is designed to equip participants with the necessary skills to design, install, maintain, replace, test and service the operation of electronic security systems.
This course will put into perspective all the requirements enabling a security system technician to discharge his/her duties in accordance with regulations and successfully demonstrate the competencies required to satisfactory execute his/her duties.
Upon successful completion of this program participants should be able to:
● Installs, maintains, monitors, repairs, inspects and designs electronic security systems and related electronic systems including access control.
● Develop technical report writing skills
● Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how to use various hand tools associated with security systems.
● Demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills
● Build and maintain a culture of quality customer service
Module 1 :CORE DEVELOPMENT CLUSTER
• Workplace Health And Safety
• Language And Communication
Module 2 :FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS
• Circuit Theory
• Electrical Fundamentals
Module 3: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER NETWORKING
• Networking Fundamentals
• Perform Networking Application
Module 4: SECURITY SYSTEMS
• Introduction To Security Systems
• Install Analog And IP Cameras
• Install Burglar Alarm Systems
• Install Intercoms
• Install Buzzer Systems
• Programming Card Readers
• Working With Access Control Boards